My old roommate is silently judging me for this post because when we first moved in together I hated graphic tees and she doesn’t ever let me forget it. Obviously, I’ve changed my thoughts on the t-shirts and now they’re a go-to for days that I want a relaxed but statement-making look. Even though graphic tees are mostly just cotton t-shirts, they do make a major statement so choose your message wisely! For example, I’m a big fan of the old school band t-shirts but if you don’t listen to the band – you probably shouldn’t be rockin’ it. When advertising a quote, brand, or person across your chest you should be able to own it and speak to it! I.E. this Frida Kahlo tee to me is a symbol of badass feminist icon.
I like pairing my graphic tees with ripped jeans and leather jackets for an edgy look, but I’ve also seen friends flawlessly pair them with leather skirts, bombers, and even a ball gown skirt! I wore this awesome tee on the plane for our trip to Savannah and it was perfect for romping around the artsy city. I’ve linked some of my favorite picks below if you want to get in on the trend!
- Jimmy Hendrix Sequin Tee | Urban Outfitters
- Polaroid Crop Top | Forever 21
- Everything That Matters Tank | Whistle & Wild
- Dog Breeds Tee | Urban Outfitters
- Horticulture Hero Tank | ModCloth
- Madonna Graphic Tour Tee | Forever 21
- Tie Dye Ying Yang Tee | Urban Outfitters
- Rockland Creek Park Tee | Teeritory