I cannot believe it’s fall again — it feels like just yesterday we were returning from our trip to Asheville! Although this fall is packed — G and I both have our bachelorette and bachelor parties, we’re doing holidays together for the first time, and really starting to crack down on wedding planning — I still wanted to make a bucket list of things I would like to do this season. Since our schedules are already filling up fast with wedding-related shenanigans, I’ve sneakily been planning my weekends around things that I knew would make it on the list! Read on for my fall bucket list.
- Go on a hike – as a James Madison Alum and a Northern Virginia local, I’m embarrassed to say that I’ve never hiked the Shenandoah mountains — my only real hikes have been in other states! Surprisingly, there are tons of places close to DC where you can get some fresh air and take in the foliage. This weekend, one of my besties and I are taking her pup to hike the Billy Goat Trail, which allows dogs on sections B and C. She’s just scooping me from the McLean metro stop and it’s only a 10 minute drive from there! Of course there’s always Harper’s Ferry, the C&O Canal Trail, and Rock Creek Park.
- Visit a winery: I’m lucking out with this item because my Bach party is actually taking a bus out to two wineries! We’re hitting up Stone Tower Winery and Bluemont Vineyard, but I’m also hoping to stop into Veritas in Charlottesville when we go see Gerald’s family at Thanksgiving
- DIY Halloween costumes: Halloween has always been one of my favorite holidays, blame it on growing up as a dancer, but I love dressing up and thinking of creative costume ideas. I spent way too long making Gerald’s Dalmatian costume last year so it’s definitely being repurposed in a fun way this year, and I found a pair of shorts while rummaging through my dresser that are going to make the perfect tribute to my current favorite Netflix show.
- Get into yoga: I’ll be honest, yoga isn’t my favorite way to exercise but whenever I take a class I always feel so much calmer and dare I say, centered? As shit gets real with the wedding planning chaos, I want to commit to going to a class once a week to help with the stress.
- Catch a live show: It’s been a hot sec since I went to a live music show — I honestly can’t even remember the last concert I saw! I’ve been itching to get to The Anthem, but also love the traditional venues like 9:30 club and Rock N’ Roll Hotel.
- Closet Clean Out: as always, I’m planning to purge my closet when I swap out my summer items for fall clothes. I got $55 off of my last ThredUp bag! Not too shabby. I’m also trying to tackle changing all of Gerald’s wire hangers out for nice space saving velvet ones. Wish me luck!
Shop My Look: